What is Parent Coaching?
- Individualized problem solving and skill-building for parents of children, teens or adults to address your child and family's unique needs at home, school, work or out in the community.
- Guidance to help navigate school related concerns: review IEP/504 plans, prepare for school meetings, and support effective home-school communication.
- Organization and planning to help you create a family roadmap and prioritize where you need to spend your time, money and energy.
- Practical strategies to help you "parent on the same page."
This page is about Parent Coaching for parents of children, teens, and adults 22 years and younger. Click here if you are looking for Coaching for Parents of Adults
When Should I Consider Parent Coaching?
- If Asperger/Autism is new to you and you don't know where to begin.
- If you want help sorting through conflicting or overwhelming information or recommendations to figure out what will be the right fit for your child and family.
- If you feel frustrated or confused by your child's school program or team.
- If you need practical parenting strategies to help your family function with less friction.
- If you and your spouse/partner/co-parent need help parenting on the same page.
- If things are going well now but you want to plan for transitions, independence and adulthood.
How Much does Parent Coaching Cost?
A single one-hour parent coaching session is $125. You can also schedule 4 coaching sessions for $425 to save $75.
We recognize that cost can be an obstacle for some families. AANE is very honored to have been awarded grants from the Cummings Foundation and the J.E. and Z.B. Butler Foundation that allow us to support family services by reducing or eliminating fees.
Please email Janeka.Melanson@aane.org for more information about financial assistance for parent coaching and IEP reviews.
How Do I Schedule Parent Coaching?
Parent coaching is available in person at AANE, by phone, or video-conferencing. All sessions are one-hour in length and available by appointment. Spanish language services are also available.
What People are Saying About Parent Coaching
"After talking with you I feel greatly empowered and more confident that we can do this and get through the next few years in one piece. It's obvious you know what it's like to live with Asperger's in your family. Thank you!"
Schedule Parent Coaching Sessions
**scroll within the scheduling box to see all options