Those with Asperger profiles often have significant skills, abilities, and talents in a wide range of fields in addition to having a great desire to contribute to society and make a difference in the world. We need people who think differently to innovate, create, and solve problems. Unfortunately, many individuals with Asperger profiles who have these abilities are not given ample opportunities to contribute. Despite the fact that most individuals with Asperger profiles have an above average IQ, roughly 12% of people diagnosed on the autism spectrum are employed full-time; the remaining 88% are either unemployed or underemployed.
In the right environments, with the proper accommodations, and understanding supervisors, people with Asperger profiles can become dependable, loyal, trustworthy, capable, and valuable employees.
Employment Bulletin Board
Life Planning: Employment
Resources for Professionals