Are you, or is someone you know, the parent of a child who meets ALL of the following criteria?
- Has a diagnosis of high functioning autism spectrum disorder (HF-ASD), Asperger’s syndrome, or Pervasive Developmental Disorder-NOS
- Plans to attend a post-secondary education setting such as a university or community college
- Is a high school student
If so, we need the expertise of the child and parent!
With funding from the U.S. Department of Education, 3C Institute is looking for individuals with high functioning autism spectrum disorders (HF-ASD), their parents, and educators to give us feedback on the current resources you are using to prepare for the PSE transition and feedback on our web-based program.
If your child is eligible, and you and your child are chosen to participate in the study, you will be asked to:
- Contact your child’s teacher or school provider about their participation in the study
- Complete online consent materials
- Complete questionnaires two times (now and again in about 8 weeks) regarding your child’s motivation to pursue postsecondary education and his/her PSE-related skills. Both your child and the school provider will complete these questionnaires.
- Answer questions regarding the tools, resources and practices that you use to help prepare your child for postsecondary education
Participants (parents, students, and teachers) will receive between $70 and $150 for the completion of ALL study materials. Participants will also receive access to a web-based program, PREP, aimed at helping students with ASD identify and develop skills to support their success in college.
If you have any questions about the research study, please contact Andy Jin at 919-677-0102 ext. 583 or email@example.com.