This study is for both transition age youth with ASD (including Asperger’s) and their parents and has been approved by Illinois Institute of Technology’s IRB (Approval # IRB-2021-14)
Researchers from the Department of Psychology at Illinois Institute of Technology are conducting an online research study to learn more about the role of self-determination and perceived parental autonomy support on youth’s participation in transition planning, focusing on the perceptions of transition-age youth with ASD (including Asperger’s) and their parents. The first part of the survey is for transition-age youth with ASD. Upon completion, parents/guardians will be sent a separate link to the parent survey.
The study aims to:
• Provide insight into transition related factors from the perspective of transition-age youth with ASD (including Asperger’s)
• Explore the relationship between parental autonomy support, self-determination and participation in transition planning among transition-age youth with ASD (including Asperger’s)
Transition-age youth who complete the youth survey will be able to enter into a raffle to win one of fifteen $25.00 Amazon gift cards!
Parents who complete the parent survey will be able to enter into a raffle to win one of fifteen $10.00 Amazon gift cards!
To participate in this online survey, your child must be:
• Between the ages of 16-21 years old
• Have an active IEP with Autism Spectrum Disorder (including Asperger’s) listed as a diagnosis
• Begun the transition to adulthood planning process
• Enrolled in high school
• Not currently experiencing any psychosis or psychotic symptoms
• Proficient in reading and understanding the English language
• Able to provide consent/assent
**If your child is under 18 years old OR not their own guardian a parent/legal guardian is required to provide consent before your child can participate in this study.