There are a growing number of grandparents raising their grandchildren in the United States. According to the U.S. Census Bureau (2015), approximately 2.7 million Americans are grandparent caregivers, and approximately 7 million children are being raised by their grandparents. Children being raised by their grandparents have significant challenges; such as attachment issues, physical and mental disabilities, financial challenges, stress, autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and feelings of loss due to not being raised by their parents.
I am a doctoral student and grandparent caregiver raising a grandchild with ASD. I am interested in engaging grandparent caregivers in discussions about their lived experiences raising their grandchildren with ASD for my doctoral research.
My study is about grandparent caregivers raising grandchildren with autism spectrum disorders (asd)
Are you interested in participating in research to help grandparents
Raising grandchildren with autism spectrum disorders (asd)?
Would you like to discuss your experience raising your grandchild with asd?
- online focus groups using adobe connect and individual telephone interviews will begin on June 2019only grandparent caregivers who are raising or have raised grandchildren with autism will be included in the study
- interested participants will contact the researcher in order for the researcher to assess if the participant qualifies for the study
- participants will provide a telephone number and email address for the researcher to send a consent form
the researcher will engage in the consent process prior to participation in the study
- consent will take 15 to 20 minutes
- online focus group interviews will be 1 to 1 1/2 hours
if selected for an individual telephone interview it will be approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour
you will receive a $10 Starbucks gift card for your participation
If interested, call Monique lilakos, lcsw 914-424-8657
Published on: Aug 15, 2019 @ 02:53