Have you heard about SPARK? SPARK is already the largest autism research study, but we are just getting started!
What is SPARK?
We are a growing community of individuals, families, and researchers on a mission to speed up the understanding of autism. Our aims are to:
• Collect DNA and information through surveys from 50,000 people with autism and both of their parents.
• Share that data with researchers.
• Make breakthroughs that were never before possible.
• Return our findings to you.
SPARK is sponsored by the Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative (SFARI) and the Rose F. Kennedy Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center at Montefiore (RFK CERC) is one of more than 30 participating hospitals and clinics across the country.
Who can join SPARK?
• Are you the parents of a child with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)? Join us!
• Are you a person with an ASD diagnosis? We need you.
• All ages are welcome!
Why join SPARK?
• Find possible genetic causes of autism in your own family.
• Power future autism research for years to come.
• Join other autism research studies.
• Get updates on the latest autism research.
• Connect with a community of 1,500+ SPARK participants in our region!
How do we join SPARK or find out more?
Registration can be completed entirely online and from home at www.SPARKforAutism.org/NYC, or by scheduling an appointment with the RFK CERC study team. We are standing by to help and answer your questions at 718-839-7065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
By joining SPARK, you will be making invaluable contributions to advancing the understanding of autism. Together, we can improve lives by helping to accelerate research!
Published on: Aug 4, 2020 at 15:23