Scholarship Fund – New England & New York State is OPEN for 2020
In light of the COVID-19 situation, if you are in a crisis situation where a cash grant could help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
The Daniel Braun Memorial Camp and Recreation Activities Scholarship Fund
Many individuals with autism could benefit greatly from services and programs that cause significant financial expense for the average family or individual adult. Thanks to the generous support of the Daniel Braun Memorial Camp and Recreational Activities Scholarship Fund, AANE is pleased to provide financial assistance for a limited number of families who need help paying for these services.
The Daniel Braun Memorial Camp and Recreation Activities Scholarship Fund assists individuals with Asperger’s and similar autism profiles, who wish to participate in enriching and fulfilling recreational activities. Sleep away-camp was instrumental in enabling Daniel to achieve an independent and fulfilling life. Daniel also loved to go to plays and museums with some wonderful organizations that serve the autism community. These activities brightened his life and made him a more outgoing social person. Through AANE, we would like to provide some assistance with the high costs of recreational activities and enable more individuals to have these valuable experiences.
To apply for this program, please complete the online application and be sure to send in the required supporting documents.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SCHOLARSHIPYou must meet all the following criteria to apply for a family grant:
- Location: The individual must live in AANE’s service area: New England and New York State
- Diagnosis: The individual must have a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome or a related Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Financial Need: This grant is specifically for low and moderate income families/individuals. Determination of financial need will be at the discretion of AANE and will be based both on family/individuals income and composition. Priority will be given to families/individuals with an income at or under $44,100 (for a family of four). Grants will be limited to the available funds in the scholarship.
Scholoarship amountsGrants will range from $75.00 - $1,500.00
What you can ask forYou may apply to use the money for specific programs and activities that relate to the social and recreational needs of an individual with Asperger Syndrome or related diagnosis. Examples of possible uses of grant money:
- Summer Camp
- Group Day Trips
- Group Travel Programs
- Group Social Events
- Group Fitness Programs
- Creative Arts Programs
Application ProcessTo be considered for funds, please supply all of the paperwork listed below. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete. We cannot process your application until we have received all the necessary documentation. Feel free to explain any unusual or special circumstances regarding your need that may not be evident by completing the application. Step 1: Complete the application. Step 2: Provide documentation of family/individual income.
- If you are required to file a tax return, please supply the first page of your most current completed tax return.
- If you are not required to file a tax return, please supply alternative documentation, such as unemployment income, SSI or transitional assistance.
- Summary page from a report of neuropsychological testing (or, if unavailable, substitute psycho-educational testing by a school psychologist) and/or
- Individualized Education Plan- Student Strengths and Key Evaluation Results Summary page
- Documentation must be within the last 5 years.