The Daniel Braun Scholarship Fund – New England & New York State is OPEN for 2021
In light of the COVID-19 situation, if you are in a crisis where a cash grant for essential expenses could help, please email email@example.com for consideration.
The Daniel Braun Memorial Camp and Recreation Activities Scholarship Fund (for Adults)
Many adults with autism could benefit greatly from services and programs but can not participate due to the expense. Thanks to the generous support of the Daniel Braun Memorial Camp and Recreational Activities Scholarship Fund, AANE is pleased to provide financial assistance for a limited number of adults who need help paying for these services.
The Daniel Braun Memorial Camp and Recreation Activities Scholarship Fund assists adults with Asperger’s and similar autism profiles, who wish to participate in enriching and fulfilling recreational activities. Sleep away-camp was instrumental in enabling Daniel to achieve an independent and fulfilling life. Daniel also loved to go to plays and museums with some wonderful organizations that serve the autism community. These activities brightened his life and made him a more outgoing social person. Through AANE, we would like to provide some assistance with the high costs of recreational activities and enable more individuals to have these valuable experiences.
To apply for this program, please complete the online application and be sure to send in the required supporting documents.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SCHOLARSHIPYou must meet all the following criteria to apply for this grant:
- Age: 22 or older
- Location: The individual must live in New England and New York State
- Diagnosis: The individual must have a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome or a related Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Financial Need: This grant is specifically for low and moderate adults. Determination of financial need will be at the discretion of AANE and will be based both on individuals income. Grants will be limited to the available funds in the scholarship.
Scholarship amountsGrants will range from $75.00 - $1,500.00
What you can ask forYou may apply to use the money for specific programs and activities that relate to the social and recreational needs of an adult with Asperger Syndrome or related diagnosis. Examples of possible uses of grant money:
- Crisis funding available during COVID-19 pandemic - such as living expenses
- Summer Camp
- Group Day Trips
- Group Travel Programs
- Group Social Events
- Group Fitness Programs
- Creative Arts Programs
Application ProcessTo be considered for funds, please supply all of the paperwork listed below. It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete. We cannot process your application until we have received all the necessary documentation. Feel free to explain any unusual or special circumstances regarding your need that may not be evident by completing the application. Step 1: Complete the application. Step 2: Provide documentation of income.
- If you are required to file a tax return, please supply the first page of your most current completed tax return.
- If you are not required to file a tax return, please supply alternative documentation, such as unemployment income, SSI or transitional assistance.