Support groups offer post high school adults with Asperger/autism profiles the opportunity to connect and relate to peers in series of face-to-face groups, drop-in groups, or in series of online groups. Adult support groups are facilitated peer support, not intended to be therapy. All groups are limited in size, are facilitated by an AANE staff member, and require pre-registration. Each session lasts 90 minutes. Learn more about the guidelines and code of conduct for adult groups and events on the Adult Support Group and Event FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page.
- These Adult Support Group Series are currently open for registration
- In-Person Young Men’s Afternoon Support Group Series in Watertown MA
- In-Person Young Men’s Evening Support Group Series in Watertown MA
- Online Adults > 19 Support Group Series
- Online Adults Over 50 Support Group Series
Ongoing Support Groups, also know as Drop-In Support Groups, are in-person groups for adults on the autism spectrum which meet at regularly scheduled times. AANE holds Ongoing/Drop-In Support Groups in the following locations: Advance registration for New England meetings is encouraged. No registration is needed to attend NY ongoing support group meetings. Newcomers are always welcome, but for the best ongoing support group experience, we recommend that newcomers contact email@example.com or the group facilitator to request a phone orientation.