What is Neurodiverse Couples Coaching?Intimate relationships can be hard, but they are especially challenging when partners have different perspectives, communication techniques, approaches, and skill sets. In Neurodiverse Couples Coaching sessions, which can occur individually or together with your spouse/partner, you will discuss issues related to your unique relationship in which one or both members have an Asperger profile. Neurodiverse Couples Coaching includes learning to problem solve, develop coping strategies, and build skills to improve your relationship. Topics that Neurodiverse couples often seek help with include:
- Social or General Anxiety
- Executive Function Challenges
- Rigidity, Obsessions, or Hoarding
- Sensory Issues
- Lack of Emotional Reciprocity or Physical Intimacy
When Should I Consider Couples Coaching?
- The Asperger profile is new to you and you don't know where to begin.
- Traditional couples counseling has not been helpful.
- You need help problem solving as a couple.
- You would like to build relationship and communication skills.
- You feel frustrated in your relationship and unsure what can change.
- You need practical strategies to help lessen stress at home.
- You and your spouse/partner need help parenting together.
How do I Schedule Neurodiverse Couples Coaching?Coaching is available for both or either member of the couple by phone or video conference. Sessions are 45 minutes in length and are $200 each or $725 for a 4 session package - a $75 discount. Sign up is easy. Schedule your appointment(s) and pay online.
- Step 1: Read the Terms of Agreement
- Step 2: Decide whether you prefer a 4 session package or a single session. The single session fee may be applied to the series if requested before the second session.
- Step 3: Follow the link below to schedule your first appointment and pay.
Meet the AANE Couples Coach Grace Myhill
Grace is AANE's Director of Couple's and Partner's Services. She is also the co-author of two articles on Asperger's and relationships with AANE's Executive Director Dania Jekel:
- Asperger Marriage: Viewing Partnerships Thru a Different Lens, NASW FOCUS December 2008
- Neurology Matters: Recognizing, Understanding, & Treating Neurodiverse Couples in Therapy, NASW FOCUS March 2015.
She moderates AANE's online forums for:
- Spouses/Partners of Individuals with Asperger's
- Divorced From/Co-Parenting with an Ex Spouse with Asperger's
In her private practice she specializes in working with Neurodiverse Couples, separately or together. She facilitates support groups (link to support groups for partners and couples page) for spouses/partners of individuals with Asperger's and for Neurodiverse Couples.
What Couples Are Saying About Grace
"Grace's calm demeanor put us both at ease."
"She seems to speak both of our languages."
"If it weren't for Grace, I would not still be married."
Questions or need more information about Neurodiverse Couples Coaching? Contact Grace Myhill at email@example.com or call 617-504-3116