- Discuss housing needs/desires
- Explore Massachusetts options for renting, owning, or applying for subsidies
- Understand the responsibilities of living independently
- Identify goals to develop the skills to maintain tenancy
- Discuss use of assistive technology for independent living
- Consider environmental modifications
- Complete the Section 8 mobile voucher application
- Complete other subsidized housing applications.
- Option 1: In person consultation with Cathy at AANE in Watertown, MA
- Option 2: By Skype
- Option 3: For filling out applications you can meet in person at AANE in Watertown, MA or at Autism Housing Pathways in Winchester, MA. Cathy will confirm where you will be meeting before your appointment.
Meet AANE Housing Consultant and Autism Housing Pathways President, Cathy Boyle
Cathy Boyle is the president of Autism Housing Pathways, a non-profit organization that works with people with developmental disabilities and their families to identify housing options. A commissioner of the Winchester Housing Authority, and a member of the Winchester Housing Partnership Board, she has successfully completed 60 hours of HUD housing counseling training. Cathy holds a certificate of graduate studies from UMass Boston in adapting curriculum.