Who’s eligible for the LifeNet Massachusetts program?
To ensure we can meet the needs of all LifeNet clients who enroll in this program, we’ve developed specific eligibility criteria to guide us, including:
- Geography: adult lives within ~1 hour drive from AANE’s offices in Watertown, MA (if you're interested in LifeNet but live elsewhere, complete the form below so we can assess demand for future expansion)
- Age: adults 21+
- Diagnosis: Asperger or similar autism spectrum profile is the primary condition
- Co-occurring conditions (e.g. significant mental health needs): will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, but is not the primary condition
- Interest in program: adult can see the value of LifeNet in their lives, and wants to be in the program
- Readiness to engage: adult is able to independently participate in the program, identify own priorities, and work with team around them
- Client/family resources to fund program: see tiers and fees immediately below
What are the different tiers of LifeNet service, and how much do they cost?
Based on individual needs, resources, preferences, family involvement and other factors, eligible adults would be able to register for one of the three main levels of LifeNet service:
Tier 1 (‘Comprehensive’ level): The top level of LifeNet service for adults and their parents who want or need to activate the full support team structure now, given their age, health status, geographic distance or other factors. Comprehensive offers the most time and frequency of interactions between the adult client and their LifeNet Team members.
Cost: $30,000/year, with a one-time intake/personal plan development fee of $1,000.
Tier 2 (‘Basic’ level): A middle level of LifeNet service for those who need less time and support at this stage of the adult’s life than the Comprehensive level, but who want to put the support team in place now for a potential transition in the coming years.
Cost: $15,000/year, with a one-time intake/personal plan development fee of $1,000.
Tier 3 (‘Introductory’ level): An entry level of LifeNet service, with less frequent interactions than the Comprehensive and Basic tiers, for those who want to begin establishing new support relationships for their adult child now, with an eye toward moving to a higher level of service if and when needed in the future.
Cost: $9,000/year, with a one-time intake/personal plan development fee of $1,000.
Clients have the ability to move between tiers as their needs change.
Note: In order for AANE to cover our costs and launch this program in a financially sustainable way, there will be no financial aid available at the outset. However, we are actively building the evidence base proving the value of this new program, which we will bring to public and private funders to help make LifeNet accessible to all those who qualify, regardless of income or assets.
We’re interested in learning more. What is my next step?
LifeNet began supporting eligible adults in Greater Boston/Eastern Massachusetts in 2019. We are now conducting eligibility screenings and will enroll eligible adults as openings arise in early 2023.
If you are considering enrollment in LifeNet, please complete the no-obligation form below and click Submit. We will then follow up with you with more information about LifeNet to help you decide and take next steps.