We are interested in what people know about common events and how people communicate. We are looking for autistic and non-autistic individuals (aged 9 and up) to participate in an online study.
Who can participate?
- Adults (18 and older) who are autistic or non-autistic
- Children (aged 9-17) who are autistic or non-autistic, and their parents/guardians
Participants must be English speakers.
What is involved?
The study has three parts:
- Filling out personality/behaviour questionnaires. (For children under 18, this would be completed by a parent or guardian.)
- Completing a task about ordering the steps people do during common events (like going to the movies).
- Having a Zoom call for language and knowledge tasks with the researcher. Participants will answer questions about words, sentences, and pictures.
A device with a reliable internet connection would be needed for the study. In total, the study may take up to 3 hours.
Will I be compensated?
In total, you would be given $30 for completing the study.
Who do I contact?
If you (or your child) want to participate or have questions, please email Kara at email@example.com.
Kara Hannah, the McRae Cognitive Science Lab, and the Sensory Perception Research Lab at Western University in Ontario, Canada
Published on: Jan 10, 2022 at 14:26