- This event has passed.
Westwood, MA – Parent of Adult SG
May 1 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm, $100
1st Tuesdays Support Group for Parents of Young Adults in Westwood, MA
This parent of adult support group is designed for parents of adult children, who have completed high school and who are between the ages of 19-26. Through this support group, parents can build an ongoing connection with a small community of other parents. AANE parent of adult support groups also give parents an opportunity to voice their concerns and frustrations. It also lets them acknowledge hard-won and unexpected victories.
All meetings will be held at The Arc of South Norfolk in Westwood. We will meet monthly for 6 months on the first Tuesday of each month from 6:30-8:00 p.m. (with the following exceptions*):
Common topics of discussion are:
- Now that your child is an adult, how do you parent without power?
- How do you keep the lines of communication open?
- How can you help your child find and sustain employment or live independently?
- How to get your adult child expand his or her social network?
- What local providers, programs, and services have other parents used and what were the results?
- How have other parents tapped into health, income, housing and other benefits?
Group members need to register in advance and membership is limited to 12 individuals. Members must be parents or other adult family members of an adult with Asperger’s or a related profile. The cost for all 6 meetings is $100 per person ($50 for a second parent or family member of the same adult). This payment covers all six meetings and you must register for the entire series. The AANE POA support group program is entirely self-sustaining and is not supported by any grant funding. However, we do recognize that registration fees may be a hardship for some families. If this is the case, contact Michele Cantara (email@example.com) for a fee discount or waiver. We want to make sure that you get the support you need.