- This event has passed.
Summer 2020 Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Online Anywhere Interest Series
June 10 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm, $80.00
WHEN: Every other Wednesday for 8 sessions starting on June 10, 2020.
June 10, June 24, July 8, July 22, Aug 5, Aug 19, Sep 2, Sep 16
TIME: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
WHERE: Online via Zoom
HOSTS: Nick Gallop & Nick Haslam
COST: This interest series is not funded through a grant program. As a result, to cover costs, AANE is charging $80 for all eight meetings in this interest series. Advanced registration and payment is required.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: We do recognize that many people are facing financial difficulties during this pandemic. Financial assistance is available and applying for it is not complicated! Just ask! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT: This interest series is intended for post-high school adults with an Asperger profile and who have also played Dungeons and Dragons before at AANE or elsewhere. All meetings will be conducted via Zoom, making it possible for adults from anywhere to participate
2-STEP REGISTRATION PROCESS
Click the Application button below, fill out and submit your application.
Schedule a 15 minute phone-intake session with Nick Gallop using our online scheduling system. (Once you’ve submitted your application look for an application confirmation email from AANE. Check your spam folder if you can’t find it. This application confirmation email will contain the link to schedule the phone intake with Nick Gallop.)
Registration closes on June 3 and there are only 10 spots available!
- Participants need to have played Dungeons and Dragons before either at AANE or elsewhere.
- They must also be familiar with character creation, general rules of DnD Edition 5, cooperation within a team, and following campaign rules and storyline.
- Each participant is expected to attend all 8 meetings in the interest series in order to help his/her team advance as far as possible in the campaign.
- This interest series will be using a campaign selected by the Dungeon Masters. Participants must agree to follow the rules of the campaign at all times.
- Because this is an interactive/collaborative game. Participants need to be able to participate fully in each game session.
- Participants must also follow the behavior guidelines outlined in Frequently Asked Questions about AANE Adult Support Groups, Social Groups and Events
THE DUNGEON MASTERS
The AANE DnD Interest Series will be led by two seasoned Dungeon Masters: Nick Gallop and Nick Haslam.
Nick Gallop has been working at AANE for 3 years, and more importantly, playing DnD for 8. As one of the Dungeon Masters, he hopes to facilitate a fun and fair time for everyone! As a player character, his usual build is a two-handed, weapon-wielding barbarian. (email@example.com)
Nick Haslam has been working at AANE for 6 years. He was first introduced to DnD over 20 years ago, but has been campaigning for the last 5. He’s looking forward to running a great campaign as the other Dungeon Master! As a player, he favors gish characters.
We will use Zoom to host the interest series meetings. You will need:
• a computer or tablet. (You can use a mobile phone, but it won’t be quite as good.)
• an Internet connection
• a webcam so you can see and interact with other players.
You aren’t required to install anything on your computer or tablet in order to use Zoom, but some people do find it helpful to download the Zoom client. https://zoom.us/download
If you have never used Zoom, before you attend the interest series, we strongly suggest that you visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
Once you have completed your two-step registration process, you will receive a registration confirmation email that will include the link to the Zoom meetings.
Note: AANE Adult Services programs are intended for post-high school adults only.
- June 10
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Stephanie Birkdale, AANE
- 617-393-3824 x232
July 11 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
July 12 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
July 13 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm