Summer 2020 Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Local Interest Series in Watertown MA & Online
June 3 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm, $80.00
WHEN: Every other Wednesday for 8 sessions starting on June 3, 2020.
TIME: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
June 3 (Online via Zoom)
June 17 (Online via Zoom)
July 15 **
July 29 **
August 12 **
August 26 **
September 9 **
** Online via Zoom or at AANE in Watertown depending on the Covid-19 situation.
WHERE: Online via Zoom or at AANE, 51 Water St., Watertown
HOSTS: Nick Gallop & Nick Haslam
COST: This interest series is not funded through a grant program. As a result, to cover costs, AANE is charging $80 for all eight meetings in this interest series. Advanced registration and payment is required.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: We do recognize that many people are facing financial difficulties during this pandemic. Financial assistance is available and we don’t have a convoluted financial assistance application process. Just ask! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT: This interest series is intended for post-high school adults who live within commuting distance to Watertown MA and who have also played Dungeons and Dragons before at AANE or elsewhere. Some meetings will be conducted via Zoom and others may be held at the AANE offices in Watertown MA. (If you would like to sign up for this interest series but don’t live in the area, check out our Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Online Anywhere Interest Series. [link needed])
2-STEP REGISTRATION PROCESS
Click the Application button below, fill out and submit your application.
Schedule a 15 minute phone-intake session with Nick Gallop using our online scheduling system. (Once you’ve submitted your application look for an application confirmation email from AANE. Check your spam folder if you can’t find it. This application confirmation email will contain the link to schedule the phone intake with Nick Gallop.)
Registration closes on May 29 and there are only 10 spots available!
- Participants need to have played Dungeons and Dragons before either at AANE or elsewhere.
- They must also be familiar with character creation, general rules of DnD Edition 5, cooperation within a team, and following campaign rules and storyline.
- Each participant is expected to attend all 8 meetings in the interest series in order to help his/her team advance as far as possible in the campaign.
- This interest series will be using a campaign selected by the Dungeon Masters. Participants must agree to follow the rules of the campaign at all times.
- Because this is an interactive/collaborative game. Participants need to be able to participate fully in each game session.
- Participants must also follow the behavior guidelines outlined in Frequently Asked Questions about AANE Adult Support Groups, Social Groups and Events
THE DUNGEON MASTERS
The AANE DnD Interest Series will be led by two seasoned Dungeon Masters, Nick Gallop and Nick Haslam.
Nick Gallop has been working at AANE for 3 years, and more importantly, playing DnD for 8. As one of the Dungeon Masters, he hopes to facilitate a fun and fair time for everyone! As a player character, his usual build is a two-handed, weapon-wielding barbarian. (email@example.com)
Nick Haslam has been working at AANE for 6 years. He was first introduced to DnD over 20 years ago, but has been campaigning for the last 5. He’s looking forward to running a great campaign as the other Dungeon Master! As a player, he favors gish characters.
We will use Zoom to host the interest series meetings when we can’t meet in person. You will need:
• a computer or tablet. (You can use a mobile phone, but it won’t be quite as good.)
• an Internet connection
• a webcam so you can see and interact with other players.
You aren’t required to install anything on your computer or tablet in order to use Zoom, but some people do find it helpful to download the Zoom client. https://zoom.us/download
If you have never used Zoom, before you attend the interest series, we strongly suggest that you visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
Once you have completed your two-step registration process, you will receive a registration confirmation email that will include the link to the Zoom meetings.
Note: AANE Adult Services programs are intended for post-high school adults only.
- June 3
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Stephanie Birkdale, AANE
- 617-393-3824 x32
May 31 @ 2:00 pm
June 1 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
June 1 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm