- This event has passed.
Online “Open” Virtual Game Night for Adults 7/27/20 6:30-8:30 PM EDT
July 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm, Free
This whole quarantine thing has really messed up AANE Pizza & Game Nights everywhere. We can’t bring you pizza, but we can bring you games and camaraderie.
Nick Gallop, AANE P&G maestro and members of the AANE staff will emcee AANE Virtual Game Night on July 13.
WHEN: Monday, July 27, 6:30 – 8:30 PM EDT
COST: Free, but advance registration is required and we only have space for 22 players!
We will be playing three games:
- Quiplash from Jackbox Games – This game is a cross between Mad Libs and Apples to Apples. Players fill-in-the-blank in a phrase with the craziest answer and then the group votes to choose the best response. (8 players max)
- Fibbage from Jackbox Games – Bluff your way to victory playing Fibbage. Fill in the blank with your own creative, convincing answer. Everyone tests their skill voting on the real answer. (8 players max)
- Remote Insensitivity – An online version of Cards Against Humanity where making horrible statements isn’t only allowed it helps you win the game. (6 players max)
Virtual Game night will be hosted on the Zoom platform. Each game will be played in a separate Zoom breakout room monitored by an AANE staff member. We will have two game sessions where all 3 games will be played.
- 6:30-6:45 PM EDT All players meet for an orientation.
- 6:45-7:30 PM EDT Game Session A
- Remote Insensitivity
- 7:45-8:30 PM EDT Game Session B
- Remote Insensitivity
At 6:45 PM players will be moved to the breakout room for the Session A. At 7:45 PM players will be moved to the breakout room for the Session B.
Registration closes on July 27 noon EDT or when 22 people have registered.
Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email from AANE that will include the link to connect to the Zoom meeting.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE
To connect to Zoom, you will need an internet connection, and a PC or tablet with video capabilities, a microphone, and a webcam. (You can use a mobile phone, but it won’t be the best experience.)
- Here’s how to test your video camera with Zoom before joining your meeting
- Here’s how to test the audio and microphone with Zoom before joining your meeting
- Here’s some video tutorials on how to use Zoom
In order to play the games, we suggest that you use Zoom in split screen so that you can play the game on one screen and use the second screen to see everybody in your breakout room.. Or you can use a phone or a tablet to play the game and a PC for Zoom.
You will also need to be able to get email during this event. That’s how we will send you the URL so you can join a specific game.
Questions? Contact Nick Gallop (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- July 27
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Stephanie Birkdale, AANE
- 617-393-3824 x232
August 10 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
August 10 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
August 10 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm