FILLED – Online “Open” Virtual Game Night for Adults, 3/27/23, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM ET
March 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm, Free
DESCRIPTION: Join us for camaraderie and fun! We will be playing three games:
- Quiplash from Jackbox Games – This game is a cross between Mad Libs and Apples to Apples. Players fill in the blank in a phrase with the craziest answer and then the group votes to choose the best response. (8 players max)
- Fibbage from Jackbox Games – Bluff your way to victory playing Fibbage. Fill in the blank with your own creative, convincing answer. Everyone tests their skill by voting on the real answer. (8 players max)
- Remote Insensitivity – An online version of Cards Against Humanity where making horrible statements isn’t only allowed it helps you win the game. (6 players max)
Each game will be played in a separate Zoom breakout room monitored by an AANE staff member. We will have two game sessions where all 3 games will be played.
- 6:30-6:45 PM ET All players meet for an orientation.
- 6:45-7:30 PM ET Game Session A
- Remote Insensitivity
- 7:45-8:30 PM ET Game Session B
- Remote Insensitivity
At 6:45 PM players will be moved to the breakout room for Session A. At 7:45 PM players will be moved to the breakout room for Session B.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE: To connect to Zoom, you will need an internet connection, a PC or tablet with video capabilities, a microphone, and a webcam. (You can use a mobile phone, but it won’t be the best experience.)
- Here’s how to test your video camera with Zoom before joining your meeting
- Here’s how to test the audio and microphone with Zoom before joining your meeting
- Here are some video tutorials on how to use Zoom
In order to play the games, we suggest that you use Zoom on a split-screen so that you can play the game on one screen and use the second screen to see everybody in your breakout room. Or you can use a phone or a tablet to play the game and a PC for Zoom. You will also need to be able to get email during this event. That’s how we will send you the URL so you can join a specific game. Questions? Contact Olive Gallop (email@example.com)
WHO: This event is open to any post-high-school adult on the spectrum anywhere.
WHEN: Monday, March 27, 2023
TIME: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM ET
WHERE: Online via Zoom
FACILITATOR: Olive Gallop
COST: Free, but advance registration is required and we only have space for 16 players!
REGISTRATION: Advanced registration is required. After you have registered, a confirmation email is sent with a link to attend the program. Registrants who do not receive the confirmation email should check their email spam folder. Registration closes 24 hours prior to the event or first session. Early registration is highly recommended as many programs fill quickly.
This event is full. Registration has ended.
AUDIENCE: AANE Adult Support Groups, Social Groups, and events are intended for post-high school adults on the spectrum who are able to self-regulate AND independently participate in activities without the assistance of a dedicated caretaker.
EVENT & GROUP INFORMATION: Most of AANE programming is currently online. The following terms are used for different audience specifications:
- “Open” events/groups may have different participants joining from session to session and “Closed” events/groups have the same participants for a set number of sessions.
CODES OF CONDUCT: Participants at AANE events are expected to act respectfully toward other participants and group facilitators. AANE reserves the right to deny admission to and/or ask individual participants to leave an event. For more information see FAQS.
- March 27
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Maggie Bowlby
AANE Webinar: Should You Train Your Own Service Dog?, 3/21/23, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ETMarch 21 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
FILLED – Online “Open” Support Group for Adults, 3/21/23, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ETMarch 21 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Online “Open” Support Group for Men (18-30), 3/21/23, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM ETMarch 21 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm