FILLED – Online “Open” Virtual Game Night for Adults, 10/26/20, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM ET
October 26 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm, Free
DESCRIPTION: This whole quarantine thing has really messed up AANE Pizza & Game Nights everywhere. We can’t bring you pizza, but we can bring you games and camaraderie. Here is a sample of games that may be played:
- Quiplash from Jackbox Games – This game is a cross between Mad Libs and Apples to Apples. Players fill-in-the-blank in a phrase with the craziest answer and then the group votes to choose the best response. (8 players max)
- Fibbage from Jackbox Games – Bluff your way to victory playing Fibbage. Fill in the blank with your own creative, convincing answer. Everyone tests their skill voting on the real answer. (8 players max)
- Remote Insensitivity – An online version of Cards Against Humanity where making horrible statements isn’t only allowed it helps you win the game. (6 players max)
This event is full. Registration has ended.
Virtual Game night will be hosted on the Zoom platform. Each game will be played in a separate Zoom breakout room monitored by an AANE staff member. We will have two game sessions where all 3 games will be played.
- 6:30-6:45 PM EDT All players meet for an orientation.
- 6:45-7:30 PM EDT Game Session A
- Remote Insensitivity
- 7:45-8:30 PM EDT Game Session B
- Remote Insensitivity
At 6:45 PM players will be moved to the breakout room for the Session A. At 7:45 PM players will be moved to the breakout room for the Session B.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE
To connect to Zoom, you will need an internet connection, and a PC or tablet with video capabilities, a microphone, and a webcam. (You can use a mobile phone, but it won’t be the best experience.)
- Here’s how to test your video camera with Zoom before joining your meeting
- Here’s how to test the audio and microphone with Zoom before joining your meeting
- Here’s some video tutorials on how to use Zoom
In order to play the games, we suggest that you use Zoom in split screen so that you can play the game on one screen and use the second screen to see everybody in your breakout room.. Or you can use a phone or a tablet to play the game and a PC for Zoom.
You will also need to be able to get email during this event. That’s how we will send you the URL so you can join a specific game.
Questions? Contact Nick Gallop (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WHEN: Monday, October 26, 2020
TIME: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM ET
WHERE: Online via Zoom
FACILITATORS: Nick Gallop
COST: Free, but advance registration is required and we only have space for 22 players!
REGISTRATION: is required to receive the meeting link in a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email, please check your spam folder. Registration closes on October 26 noon ET or when 22 people have registered.
EVENT & GROUP INFORMATION: All programming has moved online for the foreseeable future. Meetings in physical locations have been suspended due to the current health crisis.
Groups and activities marked:
- LOCAL [City, State] in front of the group name are intended for those living in or near the indicated area. If LOCAL is not indicated, the event is available to those living anywhere.
- “Open” have new people joining from session to session. “Closed” have the same members for a set number of sessions.
CODES OF CONDUCT: Participants at AANE events are expected to act respectfully toward other participants and group facilitators. AANE reserves the right to deny admission to and/or ask individual participants to leave an event. For more information see FAQS.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: is available for activities that require a fee and no one is turned away for lack of funds. To inquire about financial assistance or for general questions, contact email@example.com.
ZOOM SUPPORT: if you are new to Zoom, we suggest that you visit their Help Center prior to your meeting to familiarize yourself with the platform.
- October 26
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Nick Gallop, AANE
- 617-393-3824 x72
October 21 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
FILLED – Online “Closed” Monthly Support Group for Parents of Adults (23-29), 10/21/20-5/19/21, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ETOctober 21 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
FILLED – Online “Closed” Creative Writers Workshop for Adults, 10/21/20-1/13/21, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM ETOctober 21 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm