Online “Open” Perspectives on College Life – A Panel of Students and Graduates, 3/7/21, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM ET
March 7 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm, $15
DESCRIPTION: This is a virtual panel discussion featuring current and recent college graduates who are on the autism spectrum.
- What are the best and most challenging parts of college for someone on the autism spectrum?
- Should I write about my diagnosis in my college essay?
- What type of college environment will work for me?
- Should I live at home or away?
- Should I ask for a single room if I live away?
- How can I make friends at college?
- How will I have time for everything I like to do AND do everything I have to do?
There will be a link to a packet of college information sent after the seminar, and plenty of time to ask questions.
WHEN: Sunday, March 7, 2021
TIME: 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM ET
WHERE: Online via Zoom
HOST: AANE Staff
COST: $15 per participant
CAPACITY: 100 participants
REGISTRATION: Advanced registration is required. After you have registered, a confirmation email is sent with a link to attend the program. Registrants who do not receive the confirmation email should check their email spam folder. Registration closes 24 hours prior to the event or first session. Early registration is highly recommended as many programs fill quickly.
EVENT & GROUP INFORMATION: All AANE programming is currently online. The following terms are used for different audience specifications:
- “Open” events/groups may have different participants joining from session to session and “Closed” events/groups have the same participants for a set number of sessions.
CODES OF CONDUCT: Participants at AANE events are expected to act respectfully toward other participants and group facilitators. AANE reserves the right to deny admission, ask an individual participant to leave, or remove participants from the event/program for inappropriate or disrespectful behavior. For more information see FAQS.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT: The online platform for the event/program will be listed in the confirmation email from AANE. For assistance with Zoom, please visit the Zoom Help Center prior to the event to become familiar with the platform.