- This event has passed.
In-Person LOCAL Boston, MA “Open” Boston Symphony Orchestra Concert for Adults, 10/3/21, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET
October 3 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Free
*Please note that in order to attend this event, you must read and agree to abide by the Boston Symphony Orchestra COVID Policy.
DESCRIPTION: Please join us at a free celebration concert on Sunday, October 3 at 3pm. Concert for Our City: Reunited at Symphony Hall will feature the BSO’s four conductors and special guest soloist, Anne-Sophie Mutter. The program will include:
- Andris Nelsons, Thomas Wilkins, John Williams, and Keith Lockhart, conductors (in order of appearance)
- Anne Sophie Mutter, violin
- Welcoming remarks by Gail Samuel, Eunice and Julian Cohen President and Chief Executive Officer
- BEETHOVEN: Consecration of the House Overture
- STILL: ‘Singing River’ and ‘Whippoorwill’s Shoes’ from Wood Notes
- John WILLIAMS: Three arrangements from film scores, for violin and orchestra
- arr. Mark CUMBERLAND: The Ringtone Cycle
- Rachel BRUERVILLE: Dancing on Tiptoes (but never falling…)
- W.C. HANDY (arr. ELLIOTT): St. Louis Blues
- BARTÓK: Fifth movement (Finale. Presto) from Concerto for Orchestra
With new entry protocols in place, unreserved seating, and no intermission in this performance, it is recommended that you plan to arrive with plenty of extra time before the concert to get settled.
WHEN: Sunday, October 3, 2021
TIME: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET
WHERE: Symphony Hall
CAPACITY: 25 participants
REGISTRATION: Please note that this event as a two step registration process: an AANE registration and a second registration through the BSO. Click below to register with AANE for Step #1, and you will receive a confirmation email, which will contain the link to submit Step #2 of the registration process through the BSO. Both registrations are required and must be completed by Thursday, September 30 while tickets are still available.
The registration for this event has ended.
AUDIENCE: AANE Adult Support Groups, Social Groups, and events are intended for post-high school adults on the spectrum who are able to self-regulate AND independently participate in activities without the assistance of a dedicated caretaker.
EVENT & GROUP INFORMATION: Most of AANE’s programming is currently online. The following terms are used for different audience specifications:
- “Open” events/groups may have different participants joining from session to session and “Closed” events/groups have the same participants for a set number of sessions.
CODES OF CONDUCT: Participants at AANE events are expected to act respectfully toward other participants and group facilitators. AANE reserves the right to deny admission to and/or ask individual participants to leave an event. For more information see FAQS.
- October 3
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Stephanie Birkdale, AANE
- 617-393-3824 x232
- Symphony Hall
301 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA United States + Google Map
October 25 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
October 25 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
October 25 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm