- This event has passed.
Hour-Long College Consultation w/ Dr. Brown
11/03/2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm, $175.00
Students with ASD often have unique needs for support in areas that colleges are not mandated to provide. In-depth understanding of a student’s strengths and challenges and an institution’s ability to support them is essential in facilitating a successful experience. Jane has over 35 years of experience in disability service provision in a variety of college environments, including 4 year, public, private, and professional institutions of higher education as well as 2-year community colleges and technical schools.
As a long time member of state and national professional organizations, Jane has links to colleges and programs throughout the country. She will help you locate an appropriate college setting for your son or daughter with ASD by supporting students and families through the application and admission process:
- Assessing services and accommodations needed by the student and determining a college’s ability to provide needed services
- Serving as a liaison with the Disability Services office
- Reviewing student’s past and current documentation
- Critiquing college essays
- Assisting with application process
Sessions can take place either in person at the AANE office or by Skype. Remember, parents and teens must attend the session together.
*Hour long appointment available. First come, first serve*