AANE Webinar: Stengthening Family Relationships: Ways to Improve Communication
June 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm, $5.00
WHEN: Thursday June 27, 2019
TIME: 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM (EST)
HOST: AANE Staff with Robin Lurie-Meyerkopf, M.Ed.
COST: $5 (Thanks to a grant from Belmont Bank)
WHAT: This workshop will help families learn better ways to communicate with their teen or young adult with an Asperger/autism profile. Some of the topics covered will be:
- learning to have conversations about uncomfortable topics
- helping teens/young adults be more proactive with self-advocacy
- learning how shared experiences build family bonding
- assisting all family members in communication skills that match with the teen or young adult’s style
- creating better relationships
- working on motivation for challenging areas, such as trying new things, getting a job, or taking classes
Please come prepared with a question as there will be time set aside to address questions. At the end of this presentation, families will have the tools to get started on moving forward with goals and motivation techniques, as well as better ways of communicating so everyone feels like they are being heard.
Robin Lurie-Meyerkopf M.Ed. was the former Associate Director and Head of Training and Consultation at AANE (when it was known as the Asperger’s Association of New England.) She has over 25 years of teaching experience and has run social skills groups for children and adolescents with Asperger’s, ADHD, and Non-Verbal Learning Disorders. Currently she works with professionals at the University of New Hampshire through their Professional Training and Development workshops.
Please register by Wednesday June 26, 2019.