AANE 2019 Daniel W. Rosenn Connections Conference
November 16 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Thanks to our Platinum Sponsors!
and our Gold Sponsor!
This conference for adults on the spectrum, parents, and professionals will include:
- 14 breakout sessions / 2 workshops options
- Continuing education credits for professionals
- Information tables highlighting local community resources and programs
- Opportunities to connect and network
- Autism & Trauma
- Raising a Teenager on the Autism Spectrum
- Special Education and the Law
- Executive Functioning
- Criminal Law and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Advocacy and Disclosure
- Evolution of the Autistic Character in Film and Television
- Parenting without Panic
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and the Criminal Justice System
- Technology Addiction
- Communication and Collaboration with Special Education Teams
AANE is pleased to feature keynote speaker: Becca Lory Hector, CAS, BCCS
BECCA LORY HECTOR, CAS, BCCS was diagnosed on the autism spectrum as an adult and has since become an active autism advocate, consultant, speaker, and author. With a focus on living an active, positive life, her work includes autism consulting, public speaking engagements, writing a monthly blog, Live Positively Autistic, and the bi-weekly podcast that she co-hosts, Spectrumly Speaking. Becca has published multiple articles about life on the autism spectrum with the goal of spreading acceptance, understanding, and encouraging self-advocacy. She spent four years supporting the autism community in the non-profit sector in her work for grass-roots organizations that provide resources and services directly to individuals on the autism spectrum. Becca left non-profit to pursue dual certifications as a Certified Autism Specialist (CAS) and Cognitive Specialist (BCCS). Becca also sits on the Board of Directors of Different Brains and the Foundation for Life Guides for Autism, the Community Council of AASET (Autistic Adults and other Stakeholders Engaged Together), as well as, the Scientific and Community Advisory board of SPARK for Autism. Becca is a proud contributing author of Spectrum Women: Walking to the Beat of Autism and serves as an Assistant Editor and Feature Writer at Spectrum Women Magazine.
Registration is open!