Organization Description: The Asperger/Autism Network (AANE) is a non-profit human service organization based in Watertown, Massachusetts. AANE helps people with Asperger’s or similar autism spectrum and neurodiverse profiles build meaningful, connected lives. We provide individuals, families, and professionals with information, education, community, support, and advocacy — all in an inclusive atmosphere of validation and respect.
AANE’s Commitment to Recruiting and Retaining Racially Diverse and Neurodiverse Professionals: AANE’s Commitment to Recruiting and Retaining Neurodiverse & Racially Diverse Professionals: As a global leader in promoting neurodiverse environments in all aspects of society, AANE is deeply committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the communities we serve and in our own workplace. To expand this mission, we are actively striving to cultivate a neurodiverse and racial diverse workforce. We encourage professionals of color and neurodiverse professionals to apply for this and other job opportunities with our organization. Please consider joining us.
Job Description: Working collaboratively with the Executive Director, and as a member of the executive leadership team, the Director of Programs ensures that AANE’s programs and services are innovative, retain a high quality, are responsive to the needs of the community, and are coordinated across the organization. The Director of Programs will oversee new program initiatives and set priorities for program focus and resource allocation.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Leadership and Management
- Facilitate programmatic strategic planning and set priorities for program focus and resource allocation.
- Initiate and set goals for programs based on AANE’s strategic priorities and objectives.
- Provide leadership to develop and implement cross-department programs/services.
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth.
- Oversee directors of Adult and Family services, LifeMAP, LifeNet, Neurodiverse Couples Institute, and Training.
- Collaborate with directors of Marketing/Communications, Development, Finance, and Operations Manager.
New Program Initiatives
- Investigate unmet needs in the autism community and generate ideas to address issues
- Evaluate feasibility of new programs
- Track program revenue and expenses.
- Provide leadership and oversight for new program initiatives.
- Keep tabs on program initiatives in the larger autism community
- Explore potential partnerships with other like-minded organizations
Program evaluation and quality assurance
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence across all programs/services.
- Review and utilize program evaluation and client satisfaction data to make program decisions.
- Analyze program metrics.
- Report on program impact and concerns
Board and Committee Participation
- Participate in Board meetings
- Participate in Strategic Planning Committee meetings
- Facilitate Program Advisory Group
- Participation in community based program/service groups as needed
- Requires deep autism experience.
- Advanced degree in social work, nonprofit management, or similar field, with at least 5 years experience working in the nonprofit sector at a senior management level or equivalent.
- Understanding of nonprofit funding streams
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate with diverse individuals and groups of people
- Ability to create an inclusive and positive work environment and be sensitive to individual needs.
- Solid judgment and effective leadership skills.
- Mission driven and self-directed
- Commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn the strengths and needs of individuals to create successful teams
- Possess a problem solving mindset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and follow through on short and long term projects
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and good humor
In addition to your resume, please email a cover letter stating why you are interested in this position, and three professional references to Janeka Melanson, Human Resources & Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.