Organization Description: The Asperger/Autism Network (AANE) is a non-profit human service organization based in Watertown, MA. AANE helps people with Asperger’s or similar autism spectrum and neurodiverse profiles build meaningful, connected lives. We provide individuals, families, and professionals with information, education, community, support, and advocacy — all in an inclusive atmosphere of validation and respect. AANE is collaborating with Autism Services & Resources Connecticut (ASRC) to offer LifeNet, a case management/independent living support program for adults with Asperger/autism profiles, beginning in early 2021.
AANE’s Commitment to Recruiting and Retaining Racially Diverse Professionals: As a global leader in promoting neurodiverse environments in all aspects of society, AANE is deeply committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the communities we serve and in our own workplace. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a racially diverse team, and we encourage professionals of color to apply for this and other job opportunities with our organization. Please consider joining us.
Position Description: AANE is seeking a part-time licensed independent clinical social worker (LICSW), licensed mental health counselor (LMHC), or similar independently licensed clinical professional who’ll embrace the opportunity to join our growing LifeNet team. This position will be approximately 6-8 hours per week initially, with the opportunity to increase hours as the LifeNet program grows. The LifeNet CT Clinical Supervisor will work with the program’s Senior Clinical Supervisor (based in MA) to conduct clinical eligibility screenings of prospective LifeNet CT adults, work closely with our CT-based team to provide ongoing direct and indirect clinical support to client cases, and provide clinical supervision to LifeNet CT colleagues. The ideal candidate will possess an in-depth knowledge of Asperger Syndrome and commonly co-occurring mental health conditions, have a passion for individual and group supervision and team-based problem-solving, and be dedicated to serving adults. The LifeNet CT Clinical Supervisor will be oriented by the LifeNet Program Director and Senior Clinical Supervisor, and report directly to the Program Director.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with LifeNet’s Senior Clinical Supervisor, oversee clinical eligibility screening and determinations for prospective LifeNet CT clients
- Participate in weekly case consultations with internal LifeNet CT & MA staff including Clinical Case Managers (OTRs or other master’s level clinicians) and Support Partners (non-clinical direct care staff)
- Provide ongoing clinical expertise and oversight to staff to ensure appropriate support, interventions, and advocacy for LifeNet CT clients, including through individual and group supervision
- Provide direct clinical consultation and support to individual clients who require greater attention, connecting them to new/additional services or providers when needed
- Communicate with clinical providers serving LifeNet CT adults when necessary or beneficial
- Anticipate the needs of LifeNet CT clients based on known histories and clinical supervision discussions, and proactively communicate with frontline LifeNet CT staff to empower them to provide optimal support
- Build excellent supervisory relationships with frontline LifeNet CT staff in order to proactively support self-care and respond to concerns
- Supervise LifeNet colleagues who are working towards licensure, when relevant
- Master’s level (or higher) degree and independent licensure in social work, mental health counseling, or related clinical field
- Demonstrated professional experience with providing community-based care for adults with Asperger’s and/or similar autism spectrum profiles (5 years experience preferred)
- Knowledge of and experience with evidence-based best practices around suicide prevention, self-harm, substance use, and other significant mental health and safety needs
- Experience in risk assessment, risk management, and developing support plans for higher risk adult populations
- Ability to provide in-the-moment judgments and supervision for time sensitive concerns
- Knowledge of DDS, ADS, DSS, DMHAS, and other state-funded services
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information
Rate: $50 per hour with an initial minimum of 6-8 hours per week.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two professional references to:
Jay O’Brien, AANE LifeNet Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.