The Development Specialist is primarily responsible for donor communications and for managing AANE's participation in the Rodman Ride for Kids. This position is vital to building strong, lasting relationships with AANE's community members. The Development Specialist reports to the Director of Development and is a full-time position (40 hours/week).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide appropriate stewardship to campaign donors, including pledge reminders and gift reporting. Coordinate with Business Manager and Database Manager to ensure financial and donor databases are updated.
- Oversee all gift acknowledgments. Work closely with Development Assistant to ensure accuracy, coordinate personalized communications for key donors, and update thank you templates when necessary.
- Collaborate with Director of Development to oversee Development Assistant in researching donors and potential donors. Research donors and prospective donors, when needed. Refine systems for improved donor research and update internal research guide.
- In collaboration with Director of Development, work with internal and external stakeholders to write and assemble Annual Report.
- Oversee all appeal campaigns, including end of year annual appeal. Responsibilities include identifying and interviewing subjects, managing donation platform, and overseeing the design, print, and distribution (electronic and print).
- Create monthly newsletter submissions for Development Department.
- Design and schedule all Development electronic communications, including mailings and social media posts.
- Edit language for Executive Director's major donor communications, newsletter videos, and event speeches as needed.
- Manage Rodman Ride for Kids. Responsibilities include serving as AANE liaison to the Rodman for Kids organization, promoting the ride to the AANE community, and recruiting and managing riders and volunteers.
- In collaboration with Executive Director and Director of Development, coordinate planning of development events, including gala.
- Serve as AANE's point person for third-party events.
- 3+ years professional work experience, ideally in a nonprofit development office
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at one time
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written
- Highly self-motivated with a curiosity to continuously learn; excellent problem solver
- Flexibility, creativity, and willingness to learn and work on different tasks as needed
- Exceptional customer service skills with excellent follow up and follow through
- An eye for design work is strongly preferred.
- Strong computer and technology skills required. Experience with Microsoft Office and/or G-Suite (Google) required. Experience with any type of CRM (customer relationship management) software preferred. Experience with Constant Contact, WordPress, Greater Giving, and/or FileMaker Pro a plus.
- A passion for working with the Asperger/autism community and a strong commitment to AANE’s mission.
- Commitment to (neuro)diversity and inclusion.
Salary & benefits: Competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org