Director of Training and Education (30-40 hours)
The Director of Training and Education is responsible for the oversight and management of the Training and Education department. As director, you will plan, implement, and evaluate informational, educational and skill-based programs for adults, families, professionals and internal staff. In collaboration with the relevant departments at AANE, this programming will be delivered via conferences, workshops, onsite community-based trainings and online platforms. You will also be responsible for the design and delivery of training programs and consultations. The Director of Training and Education is supervised by the Associate Director and supervises the Training and Development team consisting of the Training Coordinator, Online Learning Director, and Trainers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assess and determine training needs for external clients and for organization
- Design and delivery of workshops, trainings, and consultations
- Facilitate team process for determining training priorities
- Create a cohesive yearly training strategy including but not limited to conferences, internal and external seminars, speakers, online learning, special courses, videos & forums to ensure all affiliations are reached
- Work with Training Coordinator and appropriate department(s) to plan & deliver all AANE conferences
- Act as a liaison to Marketing to promote programming and conduct outreach
- Supervision of Training team and adjunct trainers
- Assist Grant Writer with development of any training relevant grants
- Staff liaison to agency-wide workgroups, committees, or programmatic initiatives
- Master's degree in a related field (Psychology, Education, Social Work, Human and/or Organizational Development, etc.) with at least 4 years related training or event management experience preferred. Personal and professional experience considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Significant expertise with individuals with Aspergers and/or related autism profiles
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent training or instructional skills
- Excellent content development skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to remain calm and solve problems
- Ability to delegate and ask for help
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and use technology
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
Salary and benefits competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
Submit cover letter and resume to Brenda Dater, Associate Director, AANE.