AANE is seeking candidates for the following positions:
- MA, Acton - Life Management Coach - Part Time
- MA, Boston - Support Partner/Direct Support Professional - Part Time
- MA, Framingham - Life Management Coach - Part Time
- MA, Watertown - Support Partner/Direct Support Professional - Part Time
- MA, Woburn - Support Partner/Direct Support Professional - Part Time
Volunteers are critical to the ongoing success of AANE. We need volunteers for a wide variety of roles including the high priority volunteer position listed below. If you would like to apply to volunteer for any of these positions or in any other capacity, please email email@example.com and include the volunteer opportunity you would like to pursue in the subject line of your email along with a brief explanation of your interest and experience.
AANE is seeking candidates for the following high priority volunteer roles:
- Autistic adult mentors needed (aged 18-35 living in MA) to work with autistic mentees as part of the new pilot Simpatico Peer Mentoring Program.
- Build a supportive relationship with an autistic mentee through one-to-one interactions (both online and in-person) to encourage and empower the mentee’s personal development through empathy and shared experience.
- Attend regular outings, events, and meetups with other pairs in the program.
- Training and professional development will be provided for mentors.
- Weekly or twice monthly mentor-mentee meetings are expected of participants.
- A commitment of one year is preferred.
- Apply here.
- (CART)/closed captioning assistance for webinars and conferences.
- Help with webinar and conference program accessibility from time to time.
- Proficiency with CART required.
- AANE holds a winter, spring, and fall conference in most years, so help is need three times/year for multiple weeks prior to each conference.
- Would prefer volunteers who can make a 6 month commitment.
- Help registrants log into virtual webinars and events.
- This is a remote opportunity for somewhat tech-savvy people comfortable with using Zoom.
- Commitment for at least one day per week for a 4 hour time slot, 4:30 - 8:30 PM ET, required.
- A 3 month minimum commitment is required for this role.
If none of these roles are of interest or a fit for you please see our Volunteer page for a list of general skills we are looking for.