- Be kind. Treat others with respect, and honor where each person is on their individual journey.
- Content posted to the Online Discussion Forums should be relevant to the audience and purpose.
- The views expressed in the Online Discussion Forums are those of individual members. They do not and should not be construed as representing the views of AANE.
- AANE is making the Online Discussion Forums available to the community for peer support and informational purposes only. Members of the Forums must rely on their own judgement with respect to all issues discussed. Discussion topics are not to be relied on as specific advice.
- Community members are often a helpful source for professional referrals. Online forum members should use their due diligence when assessing if a referral is right for them. AANE does not approve or endorse any specific practices that may be mentioned in an Online Discussion Forum. AANE does not validate or endorse referrals or recommendations provided by group members and is not liable for any information shared or provided by members in the Online Discussion Forum.
- Forum members should exercise caution when sharing confidential or sensitive information as it pertains to their autistic family member. AANE cannot guarantee confidentiality.
- To respect members' privacy, AANE strongly discourages Online Discussion Forum members from downloading, reproducing, or disseminating discussions shared on the Forum, but AANE does not have any ability to prevent such actions.
- Forum members may not advertise or sell goods or services on the Online Discussion Forum.
- Group members will sometimes connect and want to converse in “real time.” Members must organize any meet-ups or virtual gatherings outside of the Online Discussion Forum. Links to outside social media groups, virtual meetings, etc., need to be shared outside of the Online Discussion Forum. Your participation in outside groups is at your discretion. These groups and meet-ups are not hosted or managed by AANE. Such member-generated meet ups are not affiliated with AANE, nor do we monitor such groups or meet-ups.
- AANE and the Online Discussion Forum moderators reserve the right to deny or remove postings or other content that is not consistent with these standards and/or terminate access to the Forum for a violation or breach (a threatening violation or breach) of any of these standards. AANE reserves the right to modify or change these Community Standards any time without notice.
Change Email Frequency
- Each email
- Digest (consolidated emails)
- No email
To unsubscribe from an AANE Online Google Group Discussion Forum and stop receiving Google Group emails:
- click the email link at the bottom of any email you receive from the Discussion Forum where it says:
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to:
- the email link will be any of the following depending on your membership:
- After you click the link you should receive an email with the subject line:
“Your unsubscription to aane-your-group-group was successful.”
If you do not receive a confirmation email verifying you have unsubscribed, please contact:
- Betty S. - Discussion Forum for Parents of Adults (post high school)
- Amanda Bailey - Discussion Forum for Parents of Children
- Amanda Bailey - Discussion Forum for Parents of Teens (through high school)
- Grace Myhill - Discussion Forum for Spouses/Partners in a Neurodiverse Relationship
- Grace Myhill - Discussion Forum for Co-Parents with an Ex-Spouse/Partner with Asperger’s
- Stephanie Birkdale - Discussion Forum for AANE Employment Bulletin Board
- Stephanie Birkdale - Discussion Forum for Boston Book Club for Adults on the Spectrum
- Stephanie Birkdale - Discussion Forum for Knitting and Needlecraft Social Group for the AANE Community
Please note: Unsubscribing for an AANE Google Group Online Discussion Forum DOES NOT unsubscribe you from AANE email communications. You will continue to receive email communications from AANE, such as weekly emails and/or the monthly newsletter if you have previously opted to do so.
If you would like to unsubscribe from AANE email communications, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the weekly emails or monthly newsletter.