AANE offers three types of Forms Clinic Appointments to help adults on the spectrum and parents and families of those adults fill out various forms for public benefit programs. All appointments are conducted online through Google Meet. (You do not need a Google Account to use Google Meet.) The fee for each appointment is $5.
Types of Forms Clinic Appointments:
- Forms Clinic – Application for Social Security Disability Income Subsidy Programs (SSI & SSDI) Use this link to schedule a one-hour online appointment for help filling out application forms for Social Security income subsidies, such as SSI (Supplemental Social Security Income) and SSDI (Supplemental Social Security Disability Insurance.)
- Forms Clinic – Application for Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS) Adult Autism Services Use this link to schedule a one-hour online appointment for help applying for Adult Autism Services from the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS).
- Forms Clinic – Assistance Filling Out Miscellaneous Forms *Do not use this appointment type if you need help with a Social Security form or with a Massachusetts DDS form. Please use the specific appointment types set up for those programs.* Use this link to schedule a one-hour online appointment for help filling out other types of forms and applications relating to health insurance, SNAP (Food Stamps), housing vouchers, state agencies for mental health and vocational services, and state agencies that provide support for people with developmental disabilities.
IMPORTANT: Please note that The Asperger/Autism Network (AANE) is located in Watertown, MA., and operates in the Eastern Standard Time Zone (EST). Scheduled appointment times will reflect this time zone as well. Please be aware that AANE Forms Clinic Specialists may not have specific knowledge about benefits programs in each state.
To ensure that your appointment is successful:
- Look for a confirmation email from AANE. This email will contain the Google Meet link you will need to join your meeting. You do not need a google account to use Google Meet.
- If you don’t see the confirmation email in your inbox, check your spam folder.
- Join the online forms clinic session from a PC or from a tablet that has a webcam and a microphone. You will not be able to work on your application if you join from a smartphone.
- Make sure you are in a quiet private place during the appointment.
- Please bring any supporting documents you may need to the appointment and be prepared to share them with the Forms Clinic Specialist.
- You will also need to know how to share your screen with the Forms Clinic Specialist. Here are some short tutorials on how to share your screen during Google Meet from your: