Getting Help for Adults with Asperger Syndrome
If you think you have Asperger Syndrome or know someone who does, there is help and information for you. It is never too late to learn about AS. Here are some steps to get you started.
- Identify whether or not you have AS.
- If so, learn all that you can about your particular brand of it.
- Know your strengths
- Know your challenges
- Learn strategies to leverage your strengths and minimize your challenges
- Sometimes help is needed with employment, relationships or housing.
- Do not be embarrassed about the areas in which help is needed
- Sometimes sophisticated tasks are simpler for those with AS and seemingly simple ones are the most difficult
- Find out more about Employment, Housing, & Relationships
- For specific intervention ideas:
Contact AANE. We’re here:
- To help you navigate and demystify this journey, no matter where you are
- To provide access to knowledgeable and understanding staff
- To offer consultation, information and referral
- To let you know you’re not alone.