Director of Child and Teen Services
AANE is seeking a Master’s* level clinician or educator to work as Director of our Child and Teen Services Team. The position is 30 hours/week with flexible working hours and full benefits.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Program development
- Facilitate team process for determining programmatic and clinical priorities
- Information, Referral and Support via phone, email or in person
- Parent coaching
- Support group facilitation
- Psycho-educational workshops and trainings
- Supervision of Master’s level clinicians
- Participation in agency wide committees
- Master's degree in related field (Mental Health Counseling, Educator, Speech and Language Pathologist, Social Work, etc.) with at least 2 years related experience preferred. Recent or prospective Master's level graduates encouraged to apply. *Personal and professional experience considered in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Experience with individuals with Asperger Syndrome and/or related autism profiles
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and use technology
- Some evening and weekend hours required
- Potential to serve as graduate student supervisor
Please send a cover letter and resume to Dania Jekel; Dania.Jekel@aane.org
LifeMAP – Life Management Coach
Are you looking for a part-time job with flexible hours and wonderful clients? Do you want to help empower adults with Asperger Syndrome (AS) to increase their independence and succeed in life?
As a Life Management Assistance Program (LifeMAP) coach, you will provide practical assistance to adults with AS and similar autism spectrum profiles. Our clients are bright and interesting people who may need assistance in one or more areas of independent living, interpersonal skills, community integration, education, and employment. Coaching takes place one-on-one and is highly individualized, with a focus on identifying and progressively overcoming the specific barriers that stand in the way of each client’s success.
Hours are flexible and can be built around your schedule. You may choose to work with anywhere from 5 to 15 clients, or 5-15 hours of active coaching per week. In addition, newly hired coaches participate in a comprehensive initial training, receive ongoing supervision in person and via video conferencing, and telephone and email support.
- Provide intensive, individualized coaching to adults diagnosed with AS or related conditions
- Meet with clients in their homes, their communities, or the AANE main office
- Create goal-specific contracts to guide the work being done
- Administer pre-tests to determine baseline skills
- Re-evaluate at regular intervals to assess clients’ progress
- Administer post-tests at completion of work agreed upon in contract
- Record status/progress of clients tasks regularly
- Help clients expand their support networks
- Communicate with clients’ existing support networks
- Attend coaches’ quarterly meetings
- Attend coaches’ clinical hour video conferences
Work Experience Requirements:
- Previous experience in a coaching or mentoring role preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of clients, their families, and other services providers
- Basic computer/internet user skills required
- Understanding of a career development process required
Education / Personal Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in a related field is required or extensive field experience with minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Deep knowledge of Asperger Syndrome or related conditions in adults, with the desire to learn more (life experience is a bonus)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to AANE’s mission and values
Contact: Nataliya Poto - LifeMAP Program Director
Application components required:
- Cover letter
- Copy of degree
- Contact information for three professional references
Director of Development
Working in close collaboration with the Executive Director and a team of three staff, raise the revenue as delineated in the annual budget through grants, corporate support, events & personal donations. Specific tasks will include:
- Develop the yearly fundraising plan to support AANE’s short- and long-term funding needs and identify opportunities to increase funds from all constituencies—individual, corporate, and foundations.
- Establish an annual fundraising goal and development calendar as well as systems and structures to support the achievement of this goal.
- With the ED and Associate Development Director identify, cultivate, and steward potential and current stakeholders and donors
- Work collaboratively with the AANE staff, board and volunteers to engage them as appropriate in the development process.
- Oversee the AANE grant writer around grant planning and submission.
- Oversee all aspects of event planning including a yearly Gala, and smaller events.
- Oversee development communications and publicity for volunteers, prospects, donors and the Board.
- 4+ years work in development
- Success with a broad array of development techniques, including online giving, direct mail, personal solicitations, corporate sponsorship, planned giving, donor stewardship, and grant writing.
- Successful event planning experience.
- Significant experience in supervision of development operations and fundraising database conversion and management.
- Successful facilitation and management of committees
- Superior writing skills.
- A desire to work collaboratively in a small team environment combined with comfort in working with a wide range of families and corporate executives.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the financial resources of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Focus on Donor Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of donors to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and oversee the tracking of details, data, information, and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
To apply, please submit your resume to Dania Jekel, Executive Director, together with a cover letter describing your interest in the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Director of Development.
MRC Project Coordinator
AANE seeks a professional to help manage its contract with the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC). The position is part time (20 hours per week) and is a job share. The successful candidate will work with another half time professional (social worker).
- Coordinating services provided to MRC clients through AANE’s LifeMAP coaching program.
- Interfacing with MRC vocational rehabilitation counselors
- Reaching out to, visiting, and maintaining relationships with MRC field offices
- Establishing client referral systems and reviewing individual client referrals
- Working closely with LifeMAP staff to deliver coaching services to MRC clients
- Staff Training:
- Developing and delivering training workshops to MRC staff on topics related to Syndrome/ASD and Employment
- Planning a one-day, state-wide, conference for MRC staff and MRC community service providers
- Connecting MRC staff to relevant AANE conferences, webinars, and other training opportunities
- Phone or in person consultation with MRC staff around client issues
- Other Projects:
- Development of new programs and services as needed and/or requested by MRC staff and clients----e.g. internship programs, employer seminars, etc.
Qualifications: Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Education or a related field preferred. Understanding of Asperger Syndrome/autism. Experience providing training workshops and experience working on employment related initiatives considered highly.
If interested, please submit a resume to Nancy Schwartz at Nancy.Schwartz@aane.org